1887

oa Civil Engineering = Siviele Ingenieurswese - The development of Port Elizabeth Harbour

 

Abstract

Although Port Elizabeth was declared a Customs Port in 1826, it was not until 1938 that a scheme was completed which transformed the harbour from an open roadstead port, worked by the lighterage system, into a completely sheltered harbour enclosing a water area of 314 acres.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/civeng/8/5/AJA10212019_19801
2000-05-01
2016-12-03
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error