oa Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences - Editorial
|© Publisher:||University of Johannesburg|
|Journal||Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences|
|Affiliations||1 University of Johannesburg|
|Publication Date||Apr 2016|
|Pages||9 - 12|
With this, our first issue of our ninth volume, I wanted to share some descriptive statistics (as at December 2015) with the readers of the journal.
- Since its inception in 2007, JEF has published 210 articles in 21 issues. In those early years we would typically only publish 5 articles per issue - at present we publish between 14 and 19 articles per issue.
- Since its inception only 8.10% of the articles published have come from international (non-South African) authors.
- The journal currently has 128 different reviewers and an Editorial Board consisting of 12 people. Of these 3 are international scholars, 3 come from the private sector and the other 6 from national (South African) universities.
- Since 2007, UJ researchers have contributed to only 25.87% of all articles published in JEF. Both the North-West University (NWU) as well as Stellenbosch University (SU) have also published a relatively large number of articles in the journal - for SU it is 18.10% and NWU it is 14.60%.
- In 2015 the journal received 89 manuscripts for possible publication.
- At present the journal has an acceptance rate of about 42%.
Based on data collected by SABINET, the electronic version of the journal (available on the SABINET website) also seems to generate a lot of internet traffic with views and downloads. Based on the most recent data from SABINET, articles from the JEF were either viewed and/or downloaded 23 489 times in 2014 and 22 901 times in 2015.
Article metrics loading...