Full text loading...
n Annual Survey of South African Law - General principles of contract
The following parts of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 came into operation during 2006 (GN 22 GG 28824 of 11 May 2006) :
- chap 1 (interpretation, purpose and the application of the Act);
- chap 2 (establishment of the National Credit Regulator and the National Consumer Tribunal);
- chap 3 (registration and regulation of credit providers, credit bureaux and debt counsellors);
- chap 4 part B excluding s 71 (regulation of collection and dissemination of consumer credit information);
- chap 7 (alternative dispute resolution, as well as investigation and hearings of complaints by the Regulator and Tribunal);
- chap 8 (powers of search, offences in terms of the Act and miscellaneous matters); and
- chap 9 (conflicting legislation and transitional arrangements).
Article metrics loading...