Full text loading...
n CME : Your SA Journal of CPD - What's new in endocrine surgery? : main article
The common themes that emerge in minimally invasive endocrine surgery are that:
- proper patient selection is crucial to good results
- it is best to localise the tumours preoperatively whenever possible for a focused operation
- invasive cancers and very large tumours are usually contraindications to minimally invasive approaches
- multiple techniques are usually available, although some may be more versatile than others
- surgeon and institutional experience is of paramount importance in the choice of specific surgical technique and in obtaining good results
- good prospective studies are sorely needed to evaluate these techniques.
Article metrics loading...