n CME : Your SA Journal of CPD - Clinical hypnosis and psychoneuroimmunology : main article
|Article Title||Clinical hypnosis and psychoneuroimmunology : main article|
|© Publisher:||Health and Medical Publishing Group (HMPG)|
|Journal||CME : Your SA Journal of CPD|
|Author||C Trevor Modlin|
|Publication Date||Jan 2008|
|Pages||8 - 11|
- Suppressed memories unavailable to the logical mind may play a critical role in the development and maintenance of many psychological and physical disorders.
- The emotional voltage of suppressed memories supercedes logic.
- The primary function of the subconscious mind is survival of the individual, although there is a priority of survival issues.
- It is the survival imperative of the subconscious that may influence somatic function directly, or probably via epigenetic RNA interference machinery, to effect physiological and pathological change.
- Hypnotic phenomena such as regression and control of physiological functioning open doors to effective management of many diseases.
- Traditional hypnotic suggestion, metaphor and imagery are utilised in palliation or in facilitation of conventional medical and surgical interventions.
- Analytical hypnotherapy has a documented record in the successful management of various diseases by first resolving the causative subconscious issues of anxiety, fear, guilt and shame.
- Medical hypnoanalysis is a systematic approach unique in its recognition and management of spiritual and guilt issues.
Article metrics loading...