1887

oa South African Medical Journal - Burn coma due to dressing impregnated with hexylene glycol

 

Abstract

A retrospective clinical survey combined with experimental animal studies indicates that an outbreak of unexplained coma which occurred at the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital Burn Unit between 1962 and 1965 was probably due to hexylene glycol, the main constituent of a proprietary burn dressing.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/m_samj/42/37/AJA20785135_35479
1968-09-01
2016-12-05
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error