n Journal of Minimum Intervention in Dentistry - The current evidence for caries prevention and treatment in xeriostomic patients [October 17, 2014] : preliminary systematic literature searches
|Article Title||The current evidence for caries prevention and treatment in xeriostomic patients [October 17, 2014] : preliminary systematic literature searches|
|© Publisher:||Midentistry CC|
|Journal||Journal of Minimum Intervention in Dentistry|
|Affiliations||1 University of the Witwatersrand|
|Publication Date||Jan 2015|
|Pages||43 - 45|
|Keyword(s)||Systematic review, Treatment and Xerostomia|
Search result: Ten controlled clinical studies relevant to the topic were found.
Clinical outcomes: The results indicate:
- GIC/RM-GIC have higher caries-preventive effects than composite/amalgam in cases were no additional fluoride was provided to patients have been shown;
- Topical fluoride is indicated as caries-preventive;
- Mineral containing supplements, with and without casein appear to be at least as effective as topical fluoride in caries prevention;
- The effect of chlorhexidine gel on caries prevention is unclear;
- The use of an Intraoral fluoride-releasing system appears as effective s topical fluoride application.
['Preliminary Systematic Literature Searches' are based on SYSTEM's periodic systematic searches of the dental literature and provide first overviews over existing clinical evidence but are limited in the number of databases searched, as well as the assessment of precision and internal validity of results and thus do not replace the need for a full systematic review report to the topic]
Article metrics loading...