n Tax Breaks Newsletter - Questions & answers

Volume 2005, Issue 236
  • ISSN :



Extracted from text ... QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Q. I have applied and been granted amnesty for funds deposited in a trust overseas (legally illegal, in other words, nothing bad). I have now notified SARS for 2003 and 2004 of the additional income for tax purposes. Amnesty was granted in February 2005. Now, in my return for 2005 (I have an extension), can I claim the approximately R20 000 expenses incurred in respect of the application via auditor/attorney for the work done in this production of income to SARS? Many people who have been granted amnesty must be wondering the same thing. A. Prof ..

Loading full text...

Full text loading...


Article metrics loading...


This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error