Operations Research Society of South Africa (ORSSA)
The Operations Research Society of South Africa (ORSSA) is the national, professional body tasked with furthering the interests of those engaged in, or interested in, Operations Research (OR) activities. ORSSA is continually involved in matters which concern operations researchers, such as:
- organising conferences at which papers on OR-related topics are delivered,
- drawing up guidelines for OR education,
- presenting short courses on specialist topics in OR,
- marketing OR at secondary school level,
- providing information to the public on the nature of OR, and
- providing information to students at tertiary level on career opportunities in OR.
At a national level the Society is managed by an Executive Committee (EC), which is elected annually at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Society.