How do I obtain usage statistics?
COUNTER-compliant usage statistics reports are available for institutional subscribers. Each institution has a dedicated administrator who has the username and password of the administration portal. Please sign-in with your administrator username and password after you have clicked on “Sign-in as Administrator” and click on "Usage reports" on the Administration page.
What COUNTER reports are available?
- Journal Report 1 – Number of successful full-text article requests by month and journal title. Reports will only be available from October 2016, after one month’s usage.
- Journal Report 1 GOA – Number of successful Gold Open Access full-text article requests by month and journal title. This report displays full text downloads for articles that are marked “OA”. Reports will only be available from October 2016, after one month’s usage.
- Journal Report 2 – Access denied to full text articles by month, journal title and category. Reports will only be available from October 2016, after one month’s usage.
- Journal Report 5 – Number of successful full-text article requests by year-of-publication (YOP) and journal title. Reports will only be available from October 2016, after one month’s usage.
- Platform Report 1 – Total searches, result clicks and record views by month and platform.
Does your site support SUSHI?
Yes. For more information about SUSHI please visit www.niso.org/workrooms/sushi.
How can I configure link resolvers/OpenURL?
This site is compatible with major library systems’ link resolver products including those from Serials Solutions, ExLibris, EBSCO and OCLC.
The link resolver allows library systems to link at the journal article level (or to book titles) using an OpenURL syntax. The use of this method may be advantageous, especially when linking to recently published content since it does not require the article DOI to be pre-loaded into any knowledge-base.
The link resolver supports OpenURL syntax V0.1 or V1.0 (inline and by-value transport). In order to use it, go to the Administration area, add your link server URL and description and note the preferred version and transport type.
How do I subscribe to a journal or a collection?
Please contact Client Services on firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information on how to subscribe to a specific journal or to a collection.
Do you offer any open access publications?
Yes. SA ePublications offer various open access publications. Please visit Open Access Journals to get an A-Z list of these open access titles.
How do I add my institutional logo on the SA ePublications platform?
Go to the For Librarians tab and click on Branding options. The institution’s administrator will be able to add or change the logo by logging into the Administration side and by following the instructions supplied.
Images should be limited to 90 pixels in height and 170 pixels in width. Images in excess of these limitations will be automatically re-sized to accommodate the available space and may not display as desired.
Can I change our Administrator username and password?
Yes, when you are signed-in as the institutional administrator, you will see the option “Update administrator sign-in details”. Click on this option and follow the instructions supplied.
Can I change my username and password to access my Subscribed To content?
No, please contact Client Service on tel: +27 12 6439500 or email: email@example.com to request this change.