1887

n Cabo - History of Vista High School, Cape Town and its origin with St Andrew's Presbyterian Church

Volume 2014, Issue 1
  • ISSN : 0379-4830
USD

 

Abstract

The school's roots go back to 1841, when the St Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Somerset Road started a mission school for the children of freed slaves in the inner city. The slaves had been freed in 1838 and that year the Church established a mission with Dr Adamson (Minister at St Andrews) and Rev. G W Stegmann (2nd Minister at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Strand Street) and started to work among the coloured slave population.

Loading full text...

Full text loading...

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/cabo/2014/1/EJC154915
2014-01-01
2018-10-21

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error