1887

n Cabo - Why ?

Volume 8, Issue 4
  • ISSN : 0379-4830

Abstract

[see Map 2] is a prestigious flat complex, bounded by Duke, Queen and Gatley roads with the Diocesan College Preparatory School on its eastern boundary. Set in an attractive garden with mature trees, some of a great age, it is screened from public view and traffic noise. Originally it formed part of the parent farm, , whose basic 20 morgen was granted in 1657 to Jacob Cloete and was the first land grant made to a private individual in Van Riebeeck's settlement at the Cape. It increased over the years to its eventual 36 morgen planted with grapes and other fruit, and was bounded by the Liesbeek River and by what finally became College, Camp Ground and Burg roads. Hendrik, a descendant of Jacob's, was the last active farmer of this land.

Loading full text...

Full text loading...

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/cabo/8/4/EJC21636
2005-01-01
2019-08-24

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error