1887

n Servamus Community-based Safety and Security Magazine - Lady Grey SAPS - policing a sought-after destination in the Eastern Cape

Volume 109, Issue 7
  • ISSN : 1015-2385

Abstract

During the mid-1800s, farmers in the area attended the church in Aliwal North, but primitive transport and poor roads made this difficult. They then decided to purchase the farm Waaihoek from the Botha brothers for the establishment of a new congregation. The Governor, Sir George Grey, granted permission for the place to be named after his wife, Lady Grey. The first church, which was completed in 1860, was built on a hillock in the middle of Lady Grey.

Loading full text...

Full text loading...

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/servamus/109/7/EJC191184
2016-07-01
2019-09-17

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error